Jeff Lincicome's Reflections

Monday, March 12, 2007

Prayer


Hi friends.
We just got done with our 180 degree weekend with Shane Claiborne. I am tired but full and thankful for God's hand in all of this. I had the chance to take Shane to the airport this morning and he said people always ask him "how it was" and he says "I'll let you know in a year." In other words, this weekend needs to not be about a "retreat high" or a great message that gets lost. Now we get to do the hard work of digesting and continuing to figure out the kind of community Christ is calling us to be. Exciting days are ahead!


Shane taught us a prayer on Sunday morning in worship that Mother Theresa prays (along with a great portion of the Catholic Church universal I suppose) every morning. It's from the 14th Century, called the Anima Christi (or the "soul of Christ"). May this be our prayer as well.


More to come on this weekends ponderings...



Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Aman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home